Join Ming Tsai as he and a great group of guest chefs find inspiration from his East-West pantry and from surprise ingredients that range from exotic fruits and vegetables to meats and fish. "I want to bring you into the mind of the chef; we went into the studio and on the road with no recipes, no thought of what we would be making - using our pantry or favorite markets as inspiration," says Ming. "We want to show you how you can shop in your own pantry and create delicious dinners on the fly."
LEARN TO COOK ON THE FLY WITH MING TSAI IN
Simply Ming: Cooking With Friends & Family
"Simply Ming" is an Emmy(R)-nominated Cooking Program
Available on DVD from PBS Distribution April 17th
Arlington, Va. - March 8, 2012 - PBS Distribution today announced it is releasing Simply Ming: Cooking With Friends & Family on DVD. Join Ming Tsai as he and a great group of guest chefs find inspiration from his East-West pantry and from surprise ingredients that range from exotic fruits and vegetables to meats and fish. "I want to bring you into the mind of the chef; we went into the studio and on the road with no recipes, no thought of what we would be making - using our pantry or favorite markets as inspiration," says Ming. "We want to show you how you can shop in your own pantry and create delicious dinners on the fly." The DVD has a running time of 160 minutes and will be available on April 17, 2012 for a suggested retail price of $24.99.
Ming highlights techniques to help viewers at home, from filleting a fish to sharing a technique for cooking veggies kids will love. Together with his friends and family, they share their culinary tricks for mouthwatering meals in these six great shows:
* Ming and Jacques Pepin demonstrate the classic technique of "paner a l'anglaise" to make Panko-Crusted Butterfish with Wasabi-Avocado Crema & Mango Salsa and Paner au Beurre Turkey with Mushroom "Ratatouille."
* Andrew Zimmern, host of "Bizarre Foods" on the Travel Channel, joins Ming to cook two new dishes kids will devour: Turkey Spring Rolls with Hoisin-Lime Dipping Sauce and Bacon Brussels Sprouts and Mixed Vegetables & Tofu with Miso Sabayon.
* Iron Chef Morimoto teaches Sushi 101, as they create Omusubi with Alaskan King Crab Salad and Sashimi Salad--Chirashi Zushi.
* Along with fabulous baker Joanne Chang, Ming shows how grasping one small but important rule can allow viewers to bake countless desserts with just a few ingredients in quantities you can eyeball, including Raspberry-Rhubarb Free Form Crostata.
* Jonathan Waxman, one of the godfathers of New American Cuisine, and Ming use the fantastic technique of oven roasting to create Spicy Oven-Roasted Chicken Breast with Baby Cauliflower and Potatoes and Macadamia Duck with Roasted Vegetables "Waxman" Style.
* Together with his parents, Steven & Iris Tsai, Ming shows us the perfect culinary marriage of chicken, duck, and wine when they create Red Roast Duck with Scallion Pancakes and Coq au Vin.
About PBS Distribution
PBS Distribution is the leading media distributor for the public television community, both domestically and internationally. Jointly owned by PBS (Arlington, VA) and WGBH (Boston, MA), PBS Distribution extends the reach of public television programs beyond broadcast while generating revenue for the public television system and our production partners.
PBS Distribution offers a diverse range of programming to our customers, including Ken Burns's films (Prohibition, The National Parks, The War, Baseball, Jazz), documentaries from award-winning series NOVA (The Elegant Universe, Origins), FRONTLINE (God in America, Bush's War, Growing Up Online), and American Experience (Freedom Riders, We Shall Remain), dramas from Masterpiece (Downton Abbey, Jane Eyre, Inspector Lewis), films from independent producers (Easy Yoga for Arthritis, The Buddha, The Story of India, Carrier, Journey into Buddhism, I.O.U.S.A.), and popular children's programming from Dinosaur Train, Super Why!, WordGirl, Cyberchase, Martha Speaks, and Arthur. As a multi-channel distributor, PBS Distribution pursues wholesale/retail sales, consumer and educational sales through PBS- branded catalogs and online shops, and international broadcast and video sales. PBS distribution is also a leader in offering programming through digital platforms including the internet, mobile, and web-connected television.
Simply Ming: Cooking With Friends & Family
Street Date: April 17, 2012
Run Time: 160 Minutes
Special Features: - 12 printable recipes
* Ming's Cooking on the Fly Pantry List
March 16, 2012, 7:31 am - PR