The Disinformation Company
To create this documentary, one man (Brown) and his camera traveled extensively to interview top minds in the fields of science, advocacy, and law, including influential author and gadfly Ralph Nader; Dr. Devra Lee Davis, Founder of The Environmental Health Trust; Andy Igrejas, Director of Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families; and Dr. Jennifer Sass, Senior Scientist with Natural Resources Defense Council, among many others. Weaving their eye-opening testimonies into a compelling - and sometimes frightening - narrative,
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WITH OVER 80,000 CHEMICALS FLOWING THROUGH OUR SYSTEM OF COMMERCE...POLLUTION JUST GOT PERSONAL
THIS JUNE, TDC ENTERTAINMENT'S DISINFORMATION(R) IMPRINT DELIVERS A POWERFUL, CAPTIVATING AND ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THE CHEMICALS IN OUR BODIES...AND HOW THEY GOT THERE
"This movie makes it impossible to hide behind the numbers. It not only changes the way that you look at the world, but the way that we look at ourselves." -- Randy Hayes, Founder, Rainforest Action Network "Unacceptable Levels is powerful. It tells the story of toxic chemicals in just about every aspect of our lives, and the egregious lack of regulation. Our ability to protect our families is at stake." -- Joan Blades, Co-founder of MomsRising.org & MoveOn.org "This movie is a must see for all of us whose vision is a future free from toxic chemicals...policy makers, CEOs, educators and parents alike." -- Erin Switalski, Executive Director, Women's Voices for the Earth "From the products we use, to the food we eat, to the air we breathe, Unacceptable Levels documents how prevalent toxic chemicals have become a part of our everyday lives. Ed Brown uses the powerful connection of family to illustrate how broken our system has become, and why we must do something about it. Our children's futures depend on it." -- Gigi Lee Chang, CEO, Healthy Child Healthy World
A portion of the proceeds from sales of this film will be donated to HealthyChild.org
National Release Date: June 10, 2014 DVD SRP: $19.98
Over 80,000 chemicals flow through our system of commerce, and many go straight into our bodies. Due to this unrelenting exposure, we have approximately 200 synthetic industrial chemicals interacting with our cells every single day. And, until recently, modern science didn't quite understand what that meant for us in the long run, but now, that's changing...
UNACCEPTABLE LEVELS, an acclaimed, award-winner at the Yosemite, Filmambiente and Fife International Film Festivals, examines the results of the chemical revolution of the 1940s through the eyes of first-time filmmaker Ed Brown, a father seeking to understand the world in which he and his wife are raising their children.
To create this documentary, one man (Brown) and his camera traveled extensively to interview top minds in the fields of science, advocacy, and law, including influential author and gadfly Ralph Nader; Dr. Devra Lee Davis, Founder of The Environmental Health Trust; Andy Igrejas, Director of Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families; and Dr. Jennifer Sass, Senior Scientist with Natural Resources Defense Council, among many others. Weaving their eye-opening testimonies into a compelling - and sometimes frightening - narrative, Brown unspools the story of how the chemical revolution brought us to where we are, and to where, if we're not vigilant, it may take us.
Posing challenges to our companies, our government, and our society to do something about a nearly-unseen threat, UNACCEPTABLE LEVELSopens the door to conversations about the ever-present chemical burdens we face so that we can all make informed decisions on how we live, now and in the future.
* Ralph Nader, Author, "Getting Steamed to Overcome Corporatism"
* Randy Hayes, Founder, Rainforest Action Network
* Dr. Devra Lee Davis, Founder and President, The Environmental Health Trust
* Stacy Malkan, Co-Founder, The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
* Ken Cook, President and Co-Founder, The Environmental Working Group
* Christopher Gavigan, Past CEO, Healthy Child Healthy World; CPO, The Honest Co.
* Dr. Alan Greene, Pediatrician, Author, "Feeding Baby Green"
* Dr. John Warner, President & CTO, The Warner Babcock Institute for Green Chemistry
* Andy Igrejas, Director, Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families
* Dr. Jennifer Sass, Senior Scientist, Natural Resources Defense Council
* Dr. William Hirzy, Fluoride Action Network; Former Chemist in Residence, American U.
* Dr. Richard Clapp, Professor of Environmental Health, Boston University
* Dr. Tyrone Hayes, Biologist, The University of California Berkeley
* Jeffrey Hollender, Former CEO, Seventh Generation
* Winner, Yosemite International Film Festival
* Winner, Filmambiente International Film Festival
* Winner, Health & Environment Prize, FIFE Int'l Environmental Film Festival
* Official Selection, Lincoln Center Green Screens
* Official Selection, San Francisco Green Film Festival
* Official Selection, Cinema Planeta International Film Festival
* Official Selection, Planet It's Up to You Film Festival
Catalog #: TDC-DV-115
Running Time: 76 mins.
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1
ABOUT TDC ENTERTAINMENT
New York City-based TDC Entertainment is a diversified home entertainment distributor headed by longtime industry veterans Gary Baddeley and Dan Gurlitz. TDC combines the distinctive film collections of three label imprints: disinformation(R), True Mind and Shelter Island. With a focus on films that cover social, political and environmental issues, as well as subjects that range from ethics and health to personal growth and history, TDC's highly acclaimed library of films includes Robert Greenwald's political documentaries such as Unmanned: America's Drone Wars, Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Wages and Outfoxed, the Emmy(R)-winning PBS series Journey of the Universe, compelling issues-oriented docs Tapped, Killer at Large, Greedy Lying Bastards and Vanishing of the Bees, as well as the best-selling Parents Choice Award-winning instructional series, Drawing with Mark. For more information, visit TDCent.com.
The Disinformation Company
May 28, 2014, 7:13 am - PR